Palo Alto Networks is leading a new era in cybersecurity by protecting thousands of enterprise, government, and service provider networks from cyber threats. Palo Alto Networks’s next generation security platform enables organizations to safely use all applications, maintaining complete visibility and control, confidently pursuing new technology initiatives like cloud and mobility, and protecting the organization from cyberthreats. Palo Alto Networks natively integrated platform brings network, cloud and endpoint security into a common architecture, with complete visibility and control, ensuring your organization can detect and prevent attacks.
Palo Alto Networks security platform brings together all key network security functions, including advanced threat protection, firewall, IDS/IPS, and URL filtering. Because these functions are natively built into the platform and share important information across the respective disciplines, we ensure better security than legacy firewalls, UTMs, or point threat detection products. The Palo Alto Networks platform can:
• Eliminate gaping holes in an organization’s security posture because it natively provides the right network security technologies and applies them in the right place in the network.
• Safely enable applications and business operations because protection is based on a fine-grained visibility, correlation, and control of what matters most in today’s modern computing environments: applications, users, and content, not just ports and IP addresses.
• Eliminate the age-old compromise between security posture and business performance that organizations have faced for years because it is natively architected to operate in modern networks with new technology initiatives such as cloud computing, software-defined datacenters, and mobility in mind.
With Palo Alto Networks platform, organizations can safely enable the use of all applications critical to running their business, maintain complete visibility and control, confidently pursue new technology initiatives, and protect the organization from the most basic to sophisticated cyber attacks — known and unknown.
Palo Alto Networks Enterprise Security Platform protects every corner of your organization — safely enabling all applications and users — from their mobile devices to the very core of your hybrid cloud computing environment.
Palo Alto Networks offers a full line of next-generation security appliances that range from the PA-200, designed for enterprise remote offices, to the PA-7050, which is a modular chassis designed for high-speed datacenters. Their platform architecture is based on a single-pass software engine and uses function-specific processing for networking, security, threat prevention, and management to deliver predictable performance. The same firewall functionality that is delivered in the hardware appliances is also available in the VM-Series virtual firewall, allowing you to secure your virtualized and cloud-based computing environments using the same policies applied to your perimeter or remote office firewalls.
Depending on the size of your network environment, the firewall platform that can best protect it is chosen. Palo Alto Networks also offers four security subscriptions to allow you to safely enable applications, users, and content by selectively adding fully integrated protection from both known and unknown threats, classification and filtering of URLs, and the ability to build logical policies based on the specific security posture of a user's device.
Threat Prevention: The Threat Prevention subscription adds integrated protection from a variety of network-borne threats including exploits, malware, dangerous files, and content.
URL Filtering: URL filtering is enabled through an annual subscription that provides you with a URL filtering database that controls web activity based on users through URL category level controls, or through customizable white- and black-lists.
WildFire: The WildFire subscription provides integrated protection from advanced malware and threats. WildFire adds the increasingly important ability to proactively identify and block unknown threats such as custom or polymorphic malware, which are commonly used in modern cyberattacks.
GlobalProtect: GlobalProtect delivers consistent security to users in all locations. It may be deployed in many different scenarios for extending the protection of your next-generation firewall to endpoints both within and outside of the organization..
• Ranked an enterprise firewall market leader by Gartner for three years in a row in 2011, 2012 and 2013 (published April 2014).
• More than 80 of the Fortune 100 rely on Palo Alto Networks to improve their cybersecurity posture.
• Approximately 22,500 customers in over 120 countries across multiple industries.